Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Best Actress 1977

A very interesting line-up, an iconic performance that changed both fashion and comedy acting and all movies that were also nominated for Best Picture. These are the 5 ladies that Oscar had chosen for 1977:


from left to right, I have the pleasure to introduce:
  • Jane Fonda, for Julia
  • Diane Keaton, for Annie Hall
  • Marsha Mason, for The Goodbye Girl
  • Anne Bancroft, for The Turning Point
  • Shirley MacLaine, for The Turning Point
Which one's my favorite? I could give a wild guess now :) but I'd rather watch the movies again.
I'll just take each performance, one at a time and talk about it. I'll do the ranking at the end and decide my winner.
Oh, the '70s... fun! fun! fun!

p.s.: an interesting trivia: Herbert Ross is the only director to have 3 leading actresses competing in the same year for Best Actress (Marsha, Anne & Shirley).


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: