Sunday, January 25, 2009

Best Actress 2008



My oh my. The line-up for 2008 has been announced this week. We had 3 locks (Meryl, Angie & Anne), an unfortunate suprise (Melissa) and almost a shocker (Kate's Reader). I was so sad to see that the best performance by an actress for 2008 didn't even get a nomination: of course, Sally Hawkins for Happy-Go-Lucky.
.
Melissa, you bitch, how could you take Sally's spot??!! :(
I won't comment now on Kate's messy situation, though I did hope she'll get the nom for Revolutionary Road, instead of The Reader. So the 5 ladies that Oscar has chosen for 2008 are:



from left to right, I have the pleasure to introduce:
  • Angelina Jolie, for Changeling
  • Meryl Streep, for Doubt
  • Anne Hathaway, for Rachel Getting Married
  • Melissa Leo, for Frozen River
  • Kate Winslet, for The Reader

I don't have a favorite yet, though I kinda know for sure who is not winning my love. I'll just take each performance, one at a time and talk about it. I'll do the ranking at the end and decide my winner. I'm really looking forward to be surprised by the choice I'll make.



Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

LIPFLAPPER said...

Screeners went out early for Frozen River, so the Academy saw the movie, unlike Happy Go Lucky. I think this will definitely be Kate's year. And I'm glad they recognized the performance as a lead and not supporting, which is ridiculous. Meanwhile, Penelope Cruz will win for Supporting Actress, NO QUESTION.