Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Best Actress 2000


Next, I'm going for Best Actress 2000. It's a very interesting year, with quite different performances. These are the 5 ladies that Oscar had chosen for 2000:

from left to right, I have the pleasure to introduce:

  • Julia Roberts for Erin Brockovich
  • Laura Linney for You Can Count on Me
  • Ellen Burstyn for Requiem for a Dream
  • Juliette Binoche for Chocolat
  • Joan Allen for The Contender

Now, which one was my favorite? I'll just take each performance, one at a time and talk about it. I'll do the ranking at the end and decide the winner. Obviously, all this after rewatching the movies.

Suggestions, tips & all that are well received :) I'll be gone a bit, but I'll be back in 3 days with the first profile.


Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Adam said...

BEST ACTRESS
01. You Can Count on Me - Laura Linney
02. Requiem for a Dream - Ellen Burstyn
03. Erin Brockovich - Julia Roberts
04. The Contender - Joan Allen
05. Chocolat - Juliette Binoche

Apparently, that's how I rank it.

Alex Constantin said...

hmmm. That's close to what a rational person would rank :) I'm not so sure how it will go until I watch them again.