Thursday, June 25, 2009

Best Actress 1992







1992 it is. Not my first choice from the 90s, but definitely not the least wanted. All 5 are serious, mostly lesser-known performances. I had seen 3 of the films (Howards End multiple times) and I'm not sure about the other 2: they were on tv, but I've never watched them from beginning to end. I know I have a favorite, but we'll see how it goes. You never know, and that's what makes it fun. So the 5 ladies that Oscar had chosen for 1992 were:
.


from left to right, I have the pleasure to introduce:


  • Mary McDonnell, in Passion Fish
  • Susan Sarandon, in Lorenzo's Oil
  • Michelle Pfeiffer, in Love Field
  • Emma Thompson, in Howards End
  • Catherine Deneuve, in Indochina

I'll start with Emma. :)

2 comments:

Andrew K. said...

1991 was the most boring year of the nineties in movies generally. The only film that I really enjoyed was Howards End, and for that reason Emma Thompson wins this hands down for me. I'm oddly nervous, wondering what your take on her performance will be...

Alex Constantin said...

[I guess you meant 92 :) ]

come on, there were other nice movies too: The Crying Game for example. or Husbands and Wives. and I remember enjoying Coppola's Dracula. or the 2nd Batman. :)