I just woke up from a 3 hour sleep after watching the Oscars live. I didn't plan on doing this post, but here it is. I think it was the weirdest show in recent history, it bombed, let's be honest :D The weirdest moment:
- the lack of any good writing for the 2 presenters. It was sad, nobody was laughing in their introduction. It sucked.
- James Franco was bored out of his mind, he couldn't even keep his eyes open.
- the montages sucked.
- the Gone with the Wind moment was completely unjustified.
- the directing of the show was sloppy.
- the sound quality was quite bad (you couldn't even hear Randy Newman sing).
- taking Sorkin off-stage with very loud music. Unimaginable and rude.
- the Kirk Douglas moment - WTF. Did they just look for the oldest living actor?!
- I've been saying it for 2 years: she's a great actress, but Melissa Leo is so fake and annoying offscreen. Why am I the only one who can see that???!!!
- Melissa Leo dropping the f-bomb.
- the cheesy, tacky ending of the show, with ugly kids singing Somewhere over the rainbow. SERIOUSLY, OSCAR???? I just couldn't watch.
- the most annoying win: Tom Hooper. He seems to be a nice guy, but it's unimaginable for him to win with that competition.
That's it :) I've said what I had to say, for the record.