Thursday, December 01, 2011

National Board of Review predictions...



I'm posting some quick predictions for the NBR, as they're announcing in a couple of hours I think. We've started the week with the NYFCC awards, where, though I didn't write about it here, I correctly predicted wins for Artist & Meryl, though not for Brad. That Brad Pitt win was surprising to me.

Anyway, here's how I think NBR critics will vote:


Best Film: The Artist
alternative: The Descendants

Best Director: Nicolas Winding Refn - Drive
alternative: Terrence Malick - Tree of Life

Best Actor: George Clooney - The Descendants
alternative: Woody Harelson - Rampart

Best Actress: Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady
alternative: Charlize Theron - Young Adult

Best Supporting Actor: Albert Brooks - Drive
alternative: Christopher Plummer - Beginners

Best Supporting Actress: Jessica Chastain - The Help. Tree of Life, Take Shelter
alternative: Vanessa Redgrave - Coriolanus

Best Breakthrough Performance - Male: Jean Dujardin - The Artist

Best Breakthrough Performance - Female: Elizabeth Olsen - Martha Marcy May Marlene




Wow, I think they'll look very similar to the NYFCC... We'll see.

No comments: