Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!


And it seems like the right time to remember the best I've seen in the last 365 days. It was all possible due to my other blog (My Latest Oscar Film), where I keep track of what I'm seeing.

The best film - already seen before: All About Eve


Because of my Best Actress series on this blog, I was pleased enough to find a reason to see All About Eve again last year. There was some real competition going on, but I feel confident to name it the best film I've revisited in 2010.






The best film - first time screening: the Toy Story series


I don't know why I've waited this long, but I was so happy to finally discover these 3 films. All of them are charming, well made, with great stories, quality humour and wonderful screenplays; and definitely with more emotional impact than you'd expect from such a genre.

3 comments:

joe burns said...

I'm surprised by Toy Story, though it's wonderful. All three of them are great.



I love All About Eve! Though Sunset Boulevard is amazing too.



Could you do 2002 or 1991 next?

Alex Constantin said...

no, that wouldn't be possible :)

after I finish 1966, I'm gonna do 2010 of course, and after that there are 3 decades left (30s, 40s, 80s) and those will be draws (because I'm mostly back to Romania)

the 90s will probably be in talk again in 2012 :) or by the end of this year.

00s I don't plan on doing soon considering I already have 2000, 2007, 2008 AND 2009 from that decade. I want to create some kind of a balance. :)

Runs Like A Gay said...

Great choices, and another great yea of the blog. I look forward to hearing about what you see in 2011.